Civil Engineering Assessment
Full Details of the learning objectives, assessment plan, student outcomes, and evidence of continuous improvement for the Civil Engineering -BS program of study can be found at this link: http://catalog.usu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=12&poid=9353&returnto=3324
The undergraduate Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Graduates of the program are expected to have attained the following outcomes to prepare them to attain the Program Educational Objectives.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Education Objectives for the Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering are that within five years:
Graduates will be successfully employed in civil engineering or related careers and will become independent thinkers and effective communicators, team members, and decision makers.
- Graduates will incorporate economic, environmental, social, ethical, and sustainability considerations into the practice of civil engineering and will promote public health and safety.
- Graduates will continue engagement in life-long learning to improve their professional knowledge and skill level by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training, or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will pursue professional licensure or other appropriate certifications.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Enrollment Year||Total Undergrad||Total Graduate||Degrees Awarded|