NSBE- National Society of Black Engineers
Collegiate Membership is open to any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM).
If you are a college student but not majoring in any of the above discipline areas, you are eligible to become a Collegiate Affiliate member.
Graduate students have the option to be Alumni members OR Collegiate members. We recommend you choose your membership type based on your level of involvement in NSBE. If you do more NSBE interaction on a University campus – Collegiate membership may be right for you.
If instead, you interact more with local professionals or feel like the undergraduate chapter doesn’t fit your needs, we welcome you as an Alumni member and encourage you to join or start your local Alumni Extension Chapter.
The membership term is one year from August 1 – July 31 of the following year.
When you pay for your membership, check the “Auto renew” box to automatically renew your membership this year. Never be without membership benefits again!
- Access to 20+ companies at regional conferences and over 300 at the National Convention career fair.
- Academic support is provided via tutoring and academic achievement programs.
- KAPLAN test preparation workshops available at conferences. Discounted Kaplan Test Prep services and materials. You can also receive a chance to win a free test prep class offered by Kaplan.
- Leadership Development – Receive exceptional training at regional conferences, the National Convention, and through your local chapter. You also have the opportunity to serve on a Regional and/or National Executive Board.
- Post your resume free of charge to top engineering companies in NSBE’s Job Placement Center (JPC) (need link). Search for internships, co-ops, and full-time job opportunities.
- Apply for various scholarships and grants. Scholarships are awarded every year to deserving undergraduate students. Many of our scholarships do not require a GPA.
- Meet thousands of other students and technical professionals in your field of study.
- Compete in a vast number of programs that help prepare you for graduate school and your future career.
- Give back to the community through NSBE’s T.O.R.C.H. and Pre-College Initiative programs.
- Receive a subscription to NSBE Magazine. Each issue offers the latest industry news and articles tailored to individual areas of engineering. (a $20 value)
- Discounts Registrations to conferences and events including the Annual Convention, the largest student planned conferences in the world. Technical training and unparalleled networking opportunities are available at these conferences as you meet people from all over the world.
Annual dues as of August 1, 2010 are $15. There may be additional chapter and regional dues that you have to pay to be considered a fully active member.
If you choose not to be affiliated with a chapter in your local area, you will be considered a "Member At-Large," classified by your geographical region. Members "At-Large" receive the same national benefits as those who belong to a chapter.